Best Army Chow in 2013
No MP Units this go round, good info to know as we all like to eat good chow.
The Army announced on May 15 that the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Stewart, Ga. is the winner of this year’s Philip A. Connelly Award for Excellence in Army food service.
2013 top units:
* Military garrison winner: 3rd Infantry Division, 4th Brigade Combat Team, Fort Stewart, Ga.
* Military garrison runner-up: 10th Special Forces Group, Fort Carson, Colo.
* Civilian garrison winner: Casey Main Dining Facility, Camp Red Cloud, Korea.
* Civilian garrison runner-up: Freedom Inn Dining Facility, Fort Meade, Md.
* Active Army field kitchen winner: Strike Inn, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.
* Active Army field kitchen runner-up: Christopher Kurth Dining Facility, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.
* Army Reserve field kitchen winner: 295th Ordnance Company, Hastings, Neb.
* Army Reserve field kitchen runner-up: 137th Quartermaster Company, South, El Monte, Calif.
* Army National Guard field kitchen winner: 1032nd Transportation Company, Gate City, Va.
* Army National Guard field kitchen runner-up: 212th Support Maintenance Company, Medina, Ohio.